Reply to post:

Don't want to upgrade to Windows 10? You'll download it WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Apparently Microsoft has adopted a pay per click revenue stream?

Here's my take on it, W10 is very intrusive and chocked full of spyish looking "features". I've disabled each of their preparation updates and still found telemetry being sent via a carefully sneaked in scheduled task. Telemetry was sending them data about my pc for over 10 minutes on a 90Mbs pipe. How much data is that? Alot, considering I never opted in for the upgrade and have no intend to upgrade to W10 (now, most likely ever).

Now this? Wow, just wow. For non tech folks, it would just be easier to give up and let it upgrade (like the compulsory updates for smart phones).

Microsoft can take W10 and shove it up their com port. This just re-enforces my belief that there is nothing "generous" about their offer to give you W10 (even if your W7 is pirated). That right there tells me everything I need to know. They really really want this operating system on everyone's PC... no thanks.

When the EOL W7, looks like I'll be joining the Linux crowd. I hate Linux, but at least it's not doing this kind of crap.

For those of you who say "you've got nothing to worry about, it's microsoft." um, yea. right.

Microsoft LLC (brought to you by NSA)... sigh...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019