Reply to post:

So Quantitative Easing in the eurozone is working, then?

SuccessCase

"Much as some of us love international biz editor Ambrose Evans-Pritchard over in The Torygraph, it is true that he can occasionally get a little bit excited about whatever it is that he's spotted."

Ha, that's so true. I'm not an economist and, probably for that reason, find him impressive to read. He has authoritative economist patter down to a T. Yet over the months and then years, it becomes apparent his prognostications are utter, utter drivel. He spies a problem with the economy and then sees it as this kind of thread on a jumper, pulling on which portends the destruction of the jumper and "oh oh, the other end is attached to a black hole we are negligently dragging into our solar system" Whereas in truth, apart from on very rare occasions, even economies run by tax and spend lefties have a lot of negative feedback loops which tend keep things self righting. In short he sees every economy as like a house of cards, when it seems to me, economies are like my garden, often messy, sometimes (rarely) close to critical but almost invariably, thanks to nature, alive.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon