Reply to post: Re: @Mark 85 The seem to be going in an unsavory direction... @bobgameon

Microsoft will explain only 'significant' Windows 10 updates

Kiwi
Linux

Re: @Mark 85 The seem to be going in an unsavory direction... @bobgameon

People seem only to be upset with windows 10 on tech sites and blog. While according to brandwatch 90% of the people online love it so i dont expect things to change soon.

90%? Really? Considering so few people even have it yet? Where does "brandwatch" or whoever they are get their figures from?

In our small shop we've had more Win10 machines in for reverting to former version (mainly due to an inability to use the machine) since the end of July than we saw Win8 machines in the first year of 8 being out, by a significant number. No, that's not praise of h8 - but in the first year we got 4 or 5 machines in for work (including damage from dropping/kids etc) with 8 on them. I think we're at 15 or 16 W10 machines in now, all for reverting to 7 or 8, at least 6 of them due to not booting.

So far our users rate it as 100% fuckup, mixed with at least 90% shit. Our view? Well, I'm kinda loving it.. I've done a few more Linux conversions this week. Which my customers also love.

Mint.. The ultimate windows update!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon