Reply to post:

Microsoft will explain only 'significant' Windows 10 updates

Andy Non
Go

"all the I.T. people you're going to piss off with this are going to install Linux at home"

I'm one of them; I've been a Microsoft application developer right since the days of DOS and relatively happy with Redmond. I tried Ubuntu several years ago but had hardware compatibility issues and problems with lack of drivers, so never really got into Linux; but a year or so ago after one of my laptops went titsup and windows failed to reinstall, I tried Linux Mint on it and haven't looked back since. It is a pleasure to use. Linux Mint worked without any hardware or other problems, I've not had to go in search of drivers nor mess around downloading any source code to compile myself. I've now stopped writing applications for Windows and switched to writing them for Linux instead. Windows 10 and Microsoft's attitude towards privacy have just reinforced my decision to abandon the Windows platform completely. In my opinion Linux (Mint) is a mature and stable platform with a large range of application software available and I won't hesitate to recommend it to my clients (individuals and other businesses).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019