Reply to post:

Rise up against Oracle class stupidity and join the infosec strike

Augur
Alert

Trevor, great sentiments, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing", I wrote the following in response to a Trend Micro security blog by Raimund Genes CTO on buying and selling vulnerabilities, I think it applies well here. "Very laudable but it is unrealistic to expect the "Chickenhawks" to play ball, the discussion that underlies all of this is Governments (every where) weaponising the Internet. Aberrant behaviour as currently displayed by those in power will only be curtailed or "managed"when good defensive defence posture as policy has priority over offensive capability, even if this makes the surveillance practised by the" "State" a hell of a lot more expensive. The cost to UK PLC of malicious activity via the Internet (UK Governments figures) was circa £13 Billion for 2013. A sound economic argument needs to be had. Austerity is an opportunity. And in general answer to your complaint perhaps the next time you vote, ensure that the party you support gets the message, you may wish to remove references to donkeys though. I am not sure it worked for Lewis Page.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon