Reply to post: Amazon.co.uk <resolution-uk@amazon.co.uk>

Amazon UK conditions 'exhausting', claims union

Camilla Smythe

Amazon.co.uk <resolution-uk@amazon.co.uk>

Subject: Your correspondence to Jeff Bezos

Dear Camilla Farquhar Farthington Smythe,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk regarding certain coverage concerning working conditions in Amazon fulfilment centres.

We understand your concerns and appreciate the time you’ve taken to write to us regarding this issue.

Amazon.co.uk takes the well-being of our workforce very seriously. It’s no secret that the final quarter of the year is the busiest period for Amazon and that everyone in the company is working extremely hard to delight our customers. Our fulfilment centres are integral to our customer commitment; these are industrialised environments; where we have processes and systems in place to ensure excellence and safety; where we have our valued workforce working with dedication and diligence to ensure we deliver to customers; where we have a democratically elected employee forum to represent the interests of the workforce and where we ensure that the workforce is treated with dignity and respect at all times. We are proud of the efforts of all who work for us. In return for the commitment and enthusiasm shown by those in our fulfilment centres, we are delighted to reward hard work and dedication by competitive wages and performance-related pay. We believe that the Amazon environment is a positive place to work.

Thank you for time and for your interest in Amazon.co.uk

Regards,

Anthony Bennis

Executive Customer Relations

Amazon.co.uk

In my response to Amazon.co.uk <resolution-uk@amazon.co.uk> I did suggest that the reply from Mr Bennis was PR frippery and that if he were to make such a statement directly to his employees there might be a major Health and Safety at Work Incident given the apparent lack of floor space available to Roll Around and Laugh On.

Having sent the reply to someone who was supposedly responding on behalf of Cuddly KYHead Jeff as a Member of Executive Customer Relations I was unsurprised to receive the following auto-response..

Hello,

We’ve received your message and the first available associate will respond to your query.

In the meantime you can check the status of an order, track, change, or cancel an order, or update your account details through Your Account:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account

We hope this helps.

Regards,

Customer Service Department

Amazon.co.uk

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that can't accept incoming e-mail. Please don't reply to this message.

Assuming that one landed in the inbox of an 'employee', rather than that of Mr Bennis or indeed Mr Bezos.. and I did follow up to Cuddly KYHead Jeff, it might put a wry smile on their faces. Then again my concern would be it might tip them over the edge.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020