Reply to post: Re: You're missing the point, Tim

Hey, folks. Meet the economics 'genius' behind Jeremy Corbyn

LucreLout

Re: You're missing the point, Tim

the Nasty Party

YAWN!

Yes, they hate the poor so much they want to make them rich. Labour, the real nasty party, simply don't care how much suffering their followers must endure, so long as they get to hurt "the rich" - a phrase that turns out to simply mean "Anyone who works".

Watching the nasty, hate filled, swivel eyed invective of the left turning in on itself is quite a spectacle to behold. I've always found it distasteful... concealing it was something Blair did well.

the government always gets the blame for what's happening in the trade cycle

They do, but that isn't why labour governments get elected. They get elected because kids who are too young to have lived through their last term in power get to vote. When those kids grow up a little and realise what they've actually voted for, they stop voting and the Conservatives return to office to fix up the mess. And so it goes.

Having been one of "the stupid", Labour will always have a place in my heart as the first party I voted for, a bit like a first love, but this time around they'll have to convince me they've learned their economic lessons and can be trusted with the economy. That Corbyn is so popular shows they haven't. Come the 2025 I'll probably be sick of the Conservatives, but highly suspicious of a Labour government.

Recessions are normal and to be expected, but every labour government ends in depression, for that is how the "great recession" will be viewed historically. If they'd only stop doing it, we could really achieve something as a nation, and many many more people would be willing to vote for them. Their main priority for their next time in power must be this: To leave office with the economy stronger than it was when they took power. Then they'd really be an electoral force to be reckoned with.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon