Reply to post: Thoughts

Windows 10 growth flattens out to 30 per cent per week

Thoughts

Going from 8.1 to 10 makes sense because really, what do you have to lose? Win 8 is a mess until you put a decent startup menu on it, This machine (2015 Dell Inspiron 5447 i5 8GB touchsceeen yada yada) I writing this on has Win10 - has suffered with the initial roll out and then with damn near constant updates, gets a little better each day. I'm still not sold on it, but what can you do? Must learn this crap before I get called out for one in the wild (or worse, in an office environment). My new-to-me CF-53 will be getting Win 10 here shortly... well maybe anyway, I do need it to work/troubleshoot with it. We'll see, depends if my software tools still work properly, dunno right this minute.

I'm telling my clients 'Not Yet' and 'Just Don't, ok?' I was vindicated at one of my larger clients by a smartass who must have installed Office at one time and considers/portrays herself an IT Pro, promptly disregarded my warnings and burned her new laptop down to the ground with the Win10 upgrade - there will be no future wildcat upgrades in that 200 employee network ;)

Oh yes, another thing - at the house, so far out no one can hear you scream, I have satellite internet limited to 15GB throughput a month - I've spoken with their reps (4th or 5th level now) about Win10 and it's non-scheduled updates affecting download limits - I'm getting nowhere fast. Pretty sure Microsoft, in it's infinite wisdom, didn't consider the poor bastards on Excede or Hughesnet in their calculations.

That's about all I have atm - still early here - 1st cup of coffee not completed yet.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon