Reply to post: Re: " i " is for Indignant

Have an iPhone? Mac? Just about anything else Apple flogs? Patch now

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: " i " is for Indignant

So basically Apple gets to hold a security deposit from you in the form of the massive premium they charge for their hardware (some of which you recover later).

I've always used premium gear. When I was using Windows I used Sony VAIOs (also for Linux), and they were roughly the same price as the Apple MBP I bought to test so I'm not really that bothered about the price. The money back thing was a bit unexpected to be honest, but a nice touch. If you can't afford gear, just be honest enough to say so, just say so, but then don't try to find fault with the platform for your inability to buy it.

I suspect that's what a lot of the bile here is: jealousy of people who would *jump* at the chance to buy Apple gear if they could afford it, but because they cannot it has to be all bad, Apple can do no good and its users are a cult or evil or whatever else feels comfortable. It's OK, I understand. Just know that I'm smiling every time I hear of yet another problem with Windows and Android - I have been there, and I know why I switched to Apple. The fact that some people hate them makes it actually more interesting.

Now, what's the most offensive car I can rent? Hummers are too impractical. Hmm. Ah, got it: a gold coloured Aston Martin. That will also upset anyone with good taste. Yum. Does it run on squashed baby seal oil?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon