Reply to post: Re: Well duh!

Wanna harvest a stranger's Facebook data? Get a mobile number and off you go

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Well duh!

Phew... i thought i missed this week's copy and paste rant against anything facebook by some old granddad who "doesn't do facebook"... so arguably doesn't really have a relevant point of view.

Also thanks for the insult because you are clearly more intelligent than EVERYONE by hiding in your facebook free cave (nothing like a self righteous IT guy to prove a stereotype).

Really, YAWN... your views are soooo out dated you might aswell be decrying flat screens in favour of CRT. And telling anyone who will listen must really make you popular at the bingo!!!

Yes, the internet in general does not protect your data so instead of wearing your tinfoil hat and sitting in the shed perhaps (like the rest of us) you can figure out a way to work with it to your advantage.

For instance;- only put things on facebook that you would be happy published in the national newspaper (crazy idea, but with a small amount of intelligence it can be managed... even by us idiots).

I use facebook quite happily, i have some vague attempts at privacy turned on... just to stop common browsing of my stuff, but i am in no doubt that a 12 year script kiddie could be in my account in seconds if he/she so desired.

The benefits however are that i keep in touch with my friends around the world without having to actually speak to them or email etc. (I only have friends on FB i have already met in real life).

I don't have to email photos to anyone anymore.

Organising to meet people in a group is easy.

I never have to sit through holiday photos ("[lie] yeah i saw them on facebook, mate").

I don't have to remember birthdays and in fact don't even have to buy a card... just type a heartless "Happy Birthday" when facebook prompts me.

If your life is so bereft of anything good that you can only go around telling everyone that facebook is evil, then i pity you and your re-runs of Blake7 on a Saturday night.

Don't call me an idiot because i made different choices to you.... as that just shows you up, not me.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon