Reply to post: Hrm, no

Windows 10 Start menu replacements shifting like hot cakes

David Webb

Hrm, no

If there was no star menu programme that could change it back to Windows XP, people would just figure out how to use the new start menu.

People, strongly, dislike change. You would have had people going from Windows 98 to XP and thinking "what the hell?" and trying to change it to look like 98 as much as possible, when Windows 7 came out, they would have tried to make it look as much like Windows XP as possible.

Hands up, how many people here have, since Windows XP, changed their desktop colour to the old Windows green/blue for familiarity?

We just don't like change, we don't like it when things we are used to alter slightly, let alone a complete overhaul. A hell of a lot of people here have been using Windows since the 3.0 era, but we'll skip that and go to the 95 era, so we're talking 20 years of having a start menu which looks like the Windows 95 start menu, so whats the first thing these people are going to do when they suddenly find their start menu isn't what they are used to? Change it to what they are used to.

I find the new start menu interesting, but then I use a Windows phone so I'm already used to having this sort of interface, I also used Windows 8 so I'm used to not actually having a start menu and just winkey/type-what-I-need method, so I'm just getting on with it, though where are the posts about Edge being the buggiest browser MS has ever made?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon