Reply to post: Re: Pretty offensive article.

Game of Thrones: Where to now for headless Nintendo?

Steve Medway

Re: Pretty offensive article.

4. Wii U games sometimes do have minor launch day patches, but not whopping great 40gb+ ones (Assassin’s Creed: Unity I'm looking at you). Nintendo QA levels are simply higher than the 'beta' or dare I say 'alpha' releases that come out on PS4 and xbone.

5. Arkham City is a great game on any platform. Yes 3rd party doesn't always equate to drossware, but going by the percentages PS4 and xbone have far more of it. For the really good 3rd party games a PC is usually the much better platform.

7. The Mariokart DLC tracks are cheap and the extra content nice. Doesn't mean you can't play online without them, there's plenty of content in there already for superb free online racing. Amiibos are never required for core gameplay functionality but I too have a more than slightly cynical opinion of them, but at least you get something physical instead of a DLC that should have been included at purchase to get the 'proper' game experience.

9. I've never spent over £35 squid (sorry, splatoon pun) on a new Wii U game, 65 quid is the norm for PS4 / xbone games worth buying.

I don't think it offensive to consider the fortunes of Nintendo now he's passed away, however slagging off a man's legacy based upon incorrect, out of date 'Wii U internet hate' so soon after he's dead pretty offensive.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon