Reply to post:

Why the USS NetApp is a doomed ship

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

This has been an ongoing train wreck happening for well over a decade.

It's sad as they were once a great place but somehow their products haven't evolved and they

never fully embraced the advent of flash being anything more than a jammed in disk tier or cache. Sometimes they stuff it into their Lsi arrays and practically give them away but they lack layer featured that were astutely called table stakes in the article

They are sadly unable to acquire companies without rapidly killing them or their core IP somehow. Coral was great about spinfs but it somehow died and cmode seems to leave customers angry for one reason or another.. Customers often don't know why they have to move to cmode but they are being forced to and still don't get it. Cmode is more about ntap than the customer..

I feel bad for them but they are ending up irrelevant and not engaged much anymore.. They still have the best Transactional NFS system on the planet for disk but that is the last piece that keeps them alive at this point.

I don't seek out people to have negative conversations about ntap but it seems people seek me out to tell me how unhappy they are with the products that ntap produces, their support and the entire company. I remember when they were loved but customers seem to have strong disdain for them now.. I believe their netpromoter score is below 20 (17) and declining.. I sincerely wish they find a way to turn this around but it's far too late and they have had so many chances at this point.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon