Reply to post: @PleebSmash, Re: storage.

Kobo Glo HD vs Amazon Kindle Paperwhite: Which one's best?

Shadow Systems

@PleebSmash, Re: storage.

I whole heartedly agree.

Granted being Blind means I read more Audio Books than plain text versions, but even still there's no way in hell my current library will fit in such piss-poor amounts of storeage space.

From my Archive HDD:

Audio Books: ~480GiB, ~90.7K Files.

E.Books: ~65GiB, ~75K Files.

Total: ~850GiB, 165.7K Files.

Just my E.Books alone would require one 64GiB SD card to contain the bulk, and they don't MAKE an SD card with the capacity to hold the Audio Books, much less the entire library.

So paring it down to a mere 8GiB is a laughably depressing proposition.

Hell, that's probably not even enough to store the Asimov books, much less the SciFi genre as a whole.

*Snorts*

*Sigh*

Even if I kept it strictly to E.Books, there's no way to put my library on any device I've found thus far. It *has* to have an SD card slot capable of the 128GiB cards & up, otherwise I can't even fit it all on a single 64GiB card after FileSystem overhead.

Yes I know I've probably got a few more books than is normal, but it's not like I can spend my time playing video games now can I? Got to do SOMETHING with all that "free time" spent standing in lines waiting for you Sighted Folk to move along: the Department of Motor Vehicles to explain (again) why I don't need a Driver's License, at the Post Office to mail in all those stupid forms explaining to the Government why a *Blind Person* can't simply hop in their car & drive across the State to visit some inconveniently located bureaucracy office, standing in line at the Guns N' Ammo store to buy more supplies for the impending Zombie Appoccalypse, etc.

*Grins*

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon