Reply to post:

UK TV is getting worse as younglings shun the BBC et al, says Ofcom

ShortLegs

I never thought I would see the day when American TV surpassed anything the UK produced. And then I watched "Bosch" on Amazon. For 'free' (in the sense I paid my £79 for prime delivery service).

Absolutely blown away. Great scripts, expertly blending story lines from several of the novels into each episode and the series story arc. Good choice of actors, with great acting. And superb production values.

All from a company that doesn't do TV as its core business. Far far better than anything BBC or ITV have produced in years. The only complaint I had was "I want season 2 NOW!!!".

I pay for my TV licence, but not after this year. I do not watch broadcast TV. The only TV program I've watched in three years is Corrie, and I use ITV Player for that (which is diabolical... how come Amazon can make a good player, and stream HD content flawlessly even down my ADSL1 connection but ITV cant?). Thats it. Sad choice of program, but there is absolutely nothing else of interest, nothing of any value. VU+ box, 30,000 channels if I want... and nowt to watch. I only use the TV to watch DVD/B|D films.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon