Reply to post: Re: Bob the Tea Boy

NHS IT failures mount as GP data system declared unfit for purpose

Stevie

Re: Bob the Tea Boy

Heh. I was once roped in to prototype the lifecycle process in my government IT shop by the tiptp mucketymuck. He insisted we get everything signed off as saiod project represented a joint project between two different monolithic government authorities.

I got past the fact that Bossman demanded I use the wrong process - it was a new project but he insisted we use the MAINTENANCE life cycle procedures. I got past the fact that world + dog wouldn't say anything in one word when twenty would do (any twenty - EULAs made sense compared to some of the submissions by the various people esponsible for deliverables and milestones).

But the cherry on the top was when the requestor refused point blank to sign off on the requirements document OR write the required statement as to what was needed to bring them into spec.

Said requestor was, of course, the man who insisted on thois process in the first place.

To my knowledge I remain the only person to ever go through the process, and in point of fact, since the document was never accepted or rejected, I didn't officially go through it either.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon