Reply to post: wow, some strange stuff got spat out of the ideology driven computer this week

Why OH WHY did Blighty privatise EVERYTHING?

SVV

wow, some strange stuff got spat out of the ideology driven computer this week

"profit-making companies will improve service, even in the absence of competition"

Ha ha, nice utopia you live in, can you tell me where it is (I'm in South East England, customer service is generally terrible, especially when there's no competition........)

And the German government don't RUN Deutcshe Bahn, they OWN it - it is run by management, just like any other company. My local train services are run by the Dutch state train company (also run idependently from the government, but owned by them) - they are surprisingly good, but cripplingly expensive. However in Holland, the trains (very good, and efficiently run) are remarkably cheap by comparison. The fact that the sort of beliefs expressed in this article end up with British people subsidising public services in France, Holland and Germany is a source of great amusement in these countries, and they seem curiously non-keen to follow your pet theories and sell off their own utilities. I wonder why?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon