Reply to post: Re: Sounds like a bigoted, stereotyping git to me @Jimmy

Bank of England CIO: ‘Beware of the cloud, beware of vendors’

LucreLout
Mushroom

Re: Sounds like a bigoted, stereotyping git to me @Jimmy

Not the best way to attract the kind of people you obviously need, resorting to passive-aggressively offensive stereotyping of your target employees.

Yes, quite.

I had, perhaps mistakenly, though we'd put this sterotype to bed back in the dot com boom.

Pay attention MBAs: The guys [1] driving about in the flash motors, enjoying far flung vacations, while making out with sooo many girls; that's us, the IT geeks. Well, it was, before I got married and settled down anyway.

Why? Well, because while training for a marathon takes about three months of evenings (I've done a few) and literally anyone can do it, training to understand code architecture, networking, etc etc takes years and a good deal more intelligence. We're smarter than you, better educated, we earn more, and we enjoy better lives.

"..specky, geeky kids hacking in their bedroom" Sure, I have glasses, so you've got me there. But the rest of it? Suck. My. Balls.

I'll still come work for you at the BoE, but only if I can't find any real work to do, and now I'm going to charge you 20% more.

[1] Guys, girls, whatever.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon