Reply to post: There have been so many accusations against Snowden that credibility is strained...

'Snowden risked lives' fearfest story prompts sceptical sneers

Marketing Hack Silver badge
Stop

There have been so many accusations against Snowden that credibility is strained...

Remember all the accusations when he started releasing documents, about how he was working with China or Russia, or exposing intelligence agents? I do.

I'm not going to say that there aren't personally incriminating documents in the trove that Snowden got away with. Most of them have never been and never will be published, and much of that is because the news outlets are vetting the documents that are published for material that might endanger agents.

I'm not going to say that the Chinese or Russians haven't found a way to hack into the Snowden haul and defeat it's encryption. Its possible they might have.

However, given the insincerity and butt-covering that has marked the intelligence community's response to Snowden, its going to take some proof for me to believe that it was specifically the Snowden documents that are causing the current problem, and not some other penetration of western intelligence by various adversaries for which Edward Snowden is being used as the whipping boy.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019