Reply to post: Re: GEO blocking

Lonely Pirate cheers on Big Copyright-bashing EU commissars

Michael Habel

Re: GEO blocking

The BigYin - The harder you make it for people to use legal services, the more they look elsewhere.

It's hard to compete with free... And, the last time I checked the Kodi was largely on the whole free. Yeah you have some pretentious arseholes who're out to scam you I'm thinking of this Repository called of all things the Yid... Yeah moving on...

Again the point stands... Why should I pay for something as bad as Amazon Prime, when every other Kodi add-on does it better, quicker, faster, and with less hassle then I'd get from the Providers themselves?

Someone pointed out that Prime was for shipping, and the VOD Service was just a nice touch.. So I might be guilty of being assacwords here. looking for a decent VOD first and free shipping as needed... If ever?!

That said, the sad part is, with some of the less... Or, is it more questionable? Add-ons like say USTV Now. I can access first run Shows, and Sporting Events nearly in real time! Then if its so early in the morning 03:00 ~ 05:00 I can just fire up some other Add-on called Genesis, and said Broadcast will usually be there, with-in mere hours after the broadcast.

Is it right? Is it fair... No, probably not... But, then show me a better way were everyone wins? You can't 'cause you'd need to have a US Bank Account, and a VPN to access it then. And I'm hearing all kinds of stink about how the like of Netflix, are taking a rather dim view of those trying to hop over their Walls... So no that's not an acceptable answer either.

Its about the difference of an item, the EXACT SAME ITEM costing ~$5.00(USD) on the US PSN or more like 29.00€(EUR).. For the exact same Game. Region Locks are only here to ***k us over!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon