Reply to post:

Lonely Pirate cheers on Big Copyright-bashing EU commissars

Michael Habel

I for One welcome this... Assuming the likes of freesat had to eventually re-broaden their Beam to what it was pre-2009 I might have to go and, dig out my Dish again! This kind of inter-region locking. Of which the Austrians, and to a lesser extent the Swiss who consume all the open German Channels over 19.2°E won't be arsed into sharing their stuff back with Germany, which is the BIGGEST BS!

I guess since you lot are to wise to get in on the Euro Scam.... (Good on you!), Murdock might have an, argument on BSkyB being as locked up as that... But, where the Euro has taken over... And, such crappy in-built limitations of Astra 2 E/F doesn't exist. I should be able to subscribe to any other Provider I'd wish to, from with-in the E.U., which technically includes BSkyB.

Hell I've stated that I'd also be willing to actually pay the fright on the BBC License from my location to be able to watch it too. So its not even like I'm looking for a free ride. But, Once you lot can cover Europe al-la the German License Fee Channels then you can talk.

Though I gather this is slowly more about the Third-rate leftovers the likes of Germany gets fed from the likes of Amazon, and Netflix. as opposed to say the USoA. Another example of this would be the S0NY Playstation Store. The German Store front... Is just about what you'd call usable. The US Version, still supports the PSP! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Not to mention. Also has way better deals there.

I really wish Geo-locking would just die at times!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon