Reply to post: Insider here

Fanbois designing Windows 10 – where's it going to end?

420Penguin
FAIL

Insider here

I've been testing Windows 10 from day one, mainly out of curiosity of how the process will play out. I've made feedback comments about lack of utility/customizability of the new start menu and some networking problems I've discovered. I was amazed at the silly things people brought up when I read the tester feedback! Very little about real problems and lots of stuff about superficial fluff, or comments like, "Thank you Microsoft for letting us test the new Windows!". Obviously most of these "testers" have never filed a real bug report.

Microsoft has spent an inordinate amount of time on the look of Windows 10, moving buttons around. It has not fixed important underlying problems, like when you log in with a Microsoft online account your ability to see and connect to other computers/shares on the network go away. (Maybe this is intentional, forcing you to do all your file sharing in their cloud at some cost-per-GB.) Microsoft hiding the ability to create local accounts (that do work with local networking) does seem to be an issue that was often mentioned in feedback (using their cloud and many apps require you to change to a Microsoft online account, which destroys local networking). What's going to show up on July 29 is going to be one big mess!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon