Reply to post:

Free Windows 10 upgrades from Microsoft will FLATTEN PC sales

Michael Habel

Why should I put Money into the hands of Dell & HP, when I can keep it for myself? I'm running the most, longest Generation PC I ever had, an Intel Core2Duo, and I just simply have no reason to ditch it for the next shiny shiny... If anything I'd likely ditch it for a NUC... But for me the PC as it was is a dying beast... The days of the Beige Tower, are over. And as much as you'd like to blame MicroSoft for this... They're just not to blame for this. The PC was a fad, that got... Or is in fact being killed off by a newer fad of iThings, and Phablets. For everything else there might be a NUC. So the rest of the World sans the Banking Classes, are those of the PC Mustard Race, and that's not a market worth bothering with unless your name is AMD, or nVidia...

So yeah IF I could comfortably use Windows OSX on my C2D, as I do with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate... Remind me again why I should give deeply to the Dell & HP Charities again? If they can't smell the writing on the Wall its hardly my problem!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon