Reply to post: Re: A fool without money will soon be ignored

Windows and OS X are malware, claims Richard Stallman

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: A fool without money will soon be ignored

Hmmm, I tell you that you can easily make Linux work the same way (aesthetically and ergonomically) and you tell me how you are a late convert. I did not mention Windows but I did mention Microsoft products (which I am guessing that you do run on your MAC?). You should convert back to Linux because its capabilities go way beyond that of Windows or MAC, and yes, you can run Photoshop on Linux.

I have a strong preference for running apps native, and although you can make a Linux desktop look like OSX, that doesn't automatically replicate the functionality and usability that is the main reason to use OSX, nor the ability to run rather good software such as Pixelmator, Artboard and Ulysses. It is maybe relevant to mention that I am conversant with quite a few versions of Unix, have been using Linux for years (starting with a pack of floppies containing Slackware), and still do - I just don't have the time to fiddle around, I need to get things done.

OSX on a Mac is like Linux on a server: fit and forget. It just works, and it doesn't need much attention to stay that way, which is what I need. For me it's the most perfect companion to a Linux based server infrastructure because it actually speaks and respects open standards, and its TCO is lower than the equivalent Microsoft setup, yet more efficient and less exposed to risk. The only reason we still have a Windows machine around is user experience testing.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon