Reply to post: Re: Connecting to wifi

Microsoft's Surface 3 is sweet – but I wouldn't tickle my nads with it

Naselus

Re: Connecting to wifi

"Is this your first time with windows 8?"

Gavin's articles often make me question whether he's a tech journalist, or just a regular journo who occasionally writes for El Reg. His reviews rarely cover any technical aspects and instead obsess over weight and appearance - just as in this review we're treated to one line of tech specs and two pages of drivel about how the slablet looks 'chunky' or 'soviet' (along with a completely irrelevant half-page about some commuter's trousers). The information in this is is the kind of thing I would expect to find in the free papers they give out on buses rather than in a dedicated tech publication.

No mention of battery life; no details on the wifi specs (seriously, is it ac capable? this would be worth mentioning either way); no details about the RAM or SSD aside from pure capacity. There's more waffle about the fuzzy felt on the type cover than useful details about the actual computer it's attached to, and nearly a third of the article is dedicated to an increasingly inaccurate review of Windows 8.1 (which may be considered a bit late, since Win 8.1 was released just under 2 years ago). Reading through, I get the feeling that yes, this IS his first time using Win 8.1.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon