Reply to post: Re: Shabby treatment of F1 fans

Chill, luvvies. The ‘unsustainable’ BBC Telly Tax stays – for now

Michael Habel

Re: Shabby treatment of F1 fans

This is the kinda sh--! that pisses me off... as Germany is the only One actually sharing anything, with the rest of Europe. We have to pay over the odds to fund 27 different WDR's over Astra... Some even in HD! But, will most people ever get to watch this Tripe...

Ughh no... 'Cause the Cable Companies have a bug up their arse, that the these Broadcasters just aren't paying them enough to host 'em. Add to this the rather sick joke that's called Common Interface+ (i.e. HD+), where said RTL lives in HD is also encrypted. and has so many restrictions about recording, of fast-forwarding though the crappy Commercials. e.g. YOU CAN'T!

Is it any wonder why everyone's moving to find a decent VPN to host US Netflix?

I swear if it weren't for the Tagesschau(24) (News / News Channel), I'd be right off broadcast TV.

The BBC was at One time a bright spot, of entertainment. But, since they finally shrunk the beam in 2011 (IIRC), its no longer available to me here in Frankfurt. (Well not on my Sqush Dish anyways).

But, as a E.U. Citizen I'd be temped to take up such an offer were it available.

It makes me wonder why the E.U. hasn't already mandated this. As other big offenders here would be the Austrians and, the Swiss. who eat our sh-- and encrypt their stuff, so as the rest of the German speaking community can go get bent!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon