Reply to post: I dont pay TV Tax

Chill, luvvies. The ‘unsustainable’ BBC Telly Tax stays – for now

ITfarmer

I dont pay TV Tax

You will NEVER get the state broadcaster away from HMG - you would have to be a complete idiot to even begin to think any government would stop the massive propaganda opportunity paid for at YOUR expense.

It comes across that may of you posting on here neither understand the TV licensing law nor understand WHY people like me don't watch TV - I don't watch ANY TV other than when I have the misfortune to watch it at my old folks - I'm 47.

It also comes across that you neither want to understand and seek to punish people who don't want to watch the TV garbage.

You need a TV license to watch any live broadcast - which means you DO NOT need a TV license to watch recorded or catch up TV. God knows why anyone would want to watch this rubbish I don't know but hey if you want to fair enough - I don't even know where these players are and I'm not interested either.

Note the difference between a mass audience of a broadcast and a single audience with a recording.

I don't have a TV license.

I realised one day that although I had a TV license & Virgin Cable TV I never watched TV at all or if I did I just flicked over the channels and found nothing was on.

Must be almost 10 years ago now.

Since that time I watch a lot of content from YouTube - educational, games, montages, music

Niche tailored sites - Anime, Films, Engineering, Welding, Lathing etc

Play video games, watch tournaments, MMOs etc.

Browse the net.

Recently been watching a lot of Astronomy & Maths - specific video content from lecture halls in Nottingham, MIT, NASA etc.

On any given day I can watch what I'm interested in not be fed whatever junk some over paid liberal elite down London thinks I should be see or listen to.

It's surprising how biased and staged TV seems when I do see it at the old folks - especially the news.

However I get threatened with court action from the BBC regularly and have even had a man come to the door expecting to see my "equipment" - ultimately with powers to search the premises when they get a court order.

The world has moved on from the 70s - the fact the same oldies are being highlighted on TV for awards, film awards, music awards and the repeats should already have told you something - the new producers, director, script writers are working elsewhere doing new content and there is a very large amount of it.

I don't think I've scratched the surface TBH and I'm sure there are many things I don't even realise exists.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon