Reply to post:

E-voting and the UK election: Pick a lizard, any lizard

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

I vote at every opportunity I get and with the exception of this general election I have always voted for the party I wanted in power even if I knew they stood no chance. This time around though I've found myself having to vote tactically because I live in a close run area and the second place party are slightly bigger muppets than the first place party.

If I was king the first thing I'd change is FPtP. Even under ideal conditions it's going to make half the voters feel like their vote was a waste of time and generally speaking it'll be a lot more than that - when was the last time a government polled more than 50% of the votes!

The next problem that needs addressing is they way politicians get into power and then do things that most of the population don't want, going to war springs to mind. The people have no reasonable way to make the government respect it's wishes.

As for e-voting, that's a tough one. I think with some investment it could in theory be made to work. Could our government, of any colour, make it work? Not in a million years.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon