Reply to post: Re: Bloody Casio never did create a video explaining how to use their watch

Apple Watch: Exactly how many vids does it take to teach a fanboi to tell the time?

Stevie Silver badge

Re: Bloody Casio never did create a video explaining how to use their watch

John Brown (no body) doesn't RTFM? After they went to the trouble of packing such a big one with the watch?

Shame, sir!

Took me, old mainframe know-nothing fit-for-the-human-scrap-heap idiot all of ten minutes to get it unpacked, synch'ed to NYC timezone and running on the Steviewrist.

The old PAG40 had a better display (which could be read from the ISS I reckon), the compass was less flaky in the presence of electric fields and the backlight was brighter, but changing the batteries every three years was a pain and eventually resulted in damage.

The PAG240's solar cells have gone from a medium charge on unpacking to full charge during everyday wear.

Admittedly, it can't do the internet, but then, that's why we have smartphones and tablets. But it will tell me the time without need for a wall socket until the solar cells go nails-up.

And I can get it very wet indeed without the need to visit an iStore to see if I can beg them for a replacement under warranty.

And it looks 21st century awesome, not like it should be adorning the wrist of Roger Moore as he takes on Count Saruman in The Man With The Golden Watch.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019