Reply to post: Why?

Citroën C4 Cactus BlueHDi: A funky urban crossover

Voland's right hand Silver badge

Why?

If you are driving in a city there are more compact alternatives with better internal organization, use of space and better power trains.

If you are driving it outside a city those funky road panels are going to produce both drag and noise. No thanks. If I need something for motorway use I will chose something with better comfort, streamlining and not as gutless as this.

If you have the rather insane idea of taking it into real crossover territory and use it for "mild" offroad in the domain of the now unfortunately no longer manufactured Daihatsu Sirion 4WD, the (unfortunately unavailable in the UK) Suzuki Swift 4x4, Old (real) Subaru Forester or even the good old Panda 4x4 you are toast. It will survive for about 30m in the "native territory" of these. Come on - I do not even see it traversing a rather "mushy" wet lawn without getting stuck. Or getting you to the bottom of that ski slope in a European mountain of choice with 4 inches of snow on the road.

I am not going to even comment about proper 4x4 territory. This is the Rover StreetWize of the year 2015 - all style, no substance.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon