Reply to post: Re: Sort of like when they say they want "less government in our lives"

Republicans in sneaky bid to reauthorize Patriot Act spying until 2020

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Sort of like when they say they want "less government in our lives"

"On January 17, 2014, President Obama gave a speech at the Department of Justice on his Administration’s review of certain intelligence activities. During this speech, he ordered a transition that would end the Section 215 bulk telephony metadata program...

Serves you right for listening to what a politician says, you need to pay attention what what he DOES. Obama has already ratified Section 215 in previous votes. Other than talking points he's taken no direct action to prevent the program.

See, this is what politicians do, they say what's popular to pacify the masses while doing nothing meaningful to prevent the action they pretend to oppose.

I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect if Section 215 finds it's way to Obama's desk, he will quietly sign it while mumbling something about how he has no choice.

This isn't a Democrat or Republican thing, it's a politician thing. The people that are the most hurt are the poor dumb partisan suckers that believe what their cult political leaders say!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon