Reply to post: More anonymity for criminals and terrorists

This open-source personal crypto-key vault wants two things: To make the web safer ... and your donations

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

More anonymity for criminals and terrorists

Great, another way for organised criminal gangs and terrorists to avoid detection.

Personally I would rather forgo a little "privacy" for the reassurance that law enforcement agencies have a better chance of stopping the lunatic blowing up the plane I'm on or gunning me down in a museum while on holiday.

I have nothing to hide in any emails I send, if the CIA or GCHQ want to look at the LOL cat pictures then let them. That said I do want my credit card transactions, etc. to be secure.

If people want this level of privacy from state surveillance then they are also going to have to accept the other side of the coin which is the increased risk from undetected terror or criminal events. With the rise of fanatical organisations legitimate law enforcement needs all the help it can get to keep its citizens safe.

Security agencies are dammed if they do intercept communications and prevent attacks and dammed if they don't and people die!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon