Reply to post: Glass conference rooms...

Struggling through the Crystal Maze in our hunt for a spare CAT5

Herby

Glass conference rooms...

They would be "really cool" of you had that switch controlled opacifier type glass. One flip of a switch and it all turns out dark.

Of course any BOFH worth his salt would have an auxiliary switch to turn the function in its opposite sense, at the most opportune time. I suppose that is another story.

But the magic glass is a bit pricy so I doubt that bean counters would approve and the general idea of glass conference rooms with the nice sound board qualities of the glass well known would be a terrible thing.

Thankfully at the last place I worked at, you just plugged in your computer and DHCP did the rest. The telephones were that way as well. Unfortunately the phones didn't allow for bluetooth headsets, but I solved that by going to ebay and getting a more improved model, and the bluetooth adapter. The phone/IT people never discovered I did it. When I left, I took my goodies with me, and left behind the "original" stuff. It was nice to have the computer sound AND the telephone in my ear so as to not annoy anyone.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon