Reply to post: Re: I wonder how they're going to know?

Dot-com intimidation forces Indiana to undo hated anti-gay law

Dan Paul

Re: I wonder how they're going to know?

I beg to differ. It is YOU that need to be educated.

The oppression of the Dutch and English Episcopalians against the Puritans is very well documented. This happened during the "Reformation" and adversely affected many religious denominations.

Forcing people to reject their faith by law upon penalty of death is hardly "overrated" or "retarded" although posting your obvious lack of knowledge certainly is both.

So the English and Dutch were no better than ISIS or BOKO HARAM because they tortured those who did not follow their ways.

Try here http://history.hanover.edu/texts/engref/er86.html

and here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Puritans_under_Elizabeth_I

The Puritans came here to avoid the religious laws of both countries, thus the eventual Freedom of Religion expressions in the Constitution.

This country was officially founded as a Christian country whether you like it or not.

And again you don't even understand your own examples when you mention the Mormons, who held radically different religious beliefs from the Christians so they moved from just outside Rochester NY to Brigham City and elswhere in Utah in search of religious freedom.

I have quite a good understanding of this situation as I was one of 300 Catholics that lived in Brigham City, Utah in the late 1950's and we came from the Western New York area and ultimately moved back there. As long as we didn't try to force our ideals on Mormons, they didn't bother us. That's called "Tolerance", something that you and the rest of you bullys don't grasp.

And Brigham City was rather "Fundementalist" Mormon as polygamy was fairly common.

As I said before, your LGBT shouting and activism does not trump my rights to religious freedom. You are no better than Hitler and his minions if you think so. Put plain and simply, these laws protect us from your atheistic, bullying tactics.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon