Reply to post: Error in the translation..

Dot-com intimidation forces Indiana to undo hated anti-gay law

Mark 85

Error in the translation..

Several sources report that what they said was They'll serve anyone walking in, but not cater a LBGT wedding as they don't believe in "gay marriage"... The average response was "who'd want a pizza parlor to cater a wedding".

Conveniently, the whole thing was apparently misquoted about the time the GoFundMe was set up... So is there an intentional deception? A stupid knee-jerk? Or just plain bigotry? I think it's a stupid knee-jerk to get this pizza joint some Streisand Publicity.

All this raises an interesting conundrum though... the Indianapolis 500 and their "signature song" which was until 2014 performed by Jim Nabors... who, per many articles, is gay. Which also makes me wonder how many race team sponsors will withhold sponsorship? Either way the sponsor gets free advertising, but the team only gets the money of the sponsor's name is on the car.

But yeah, the law still stinks. Come to think of it, when I lived in Illinois and Ohio, we always avoided Indiana like the plague if we could.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon