Reply to post: Hypocrisy or stupidity?

Apple's Tim Cook and Salesforce's Marc Benioff DECLARE WAR on anti-gay Indiana

Craigness

Hypocrisy or stupidity?

Apple say they can't support a law which leaves people free to run their business as they like and face public censure rather than state sanctions if they offend common decency, but Apple is free to run their business in such a way that an entire state faces censure for offending common decency. They have proved the new law (which is really the overturning of laws restricting freedom) makes sense. If Indiana had banned boycotts then that would definitely be worth complaining about.

If you're gay and want to buy a wedding cake with a plastic man and woman on the top I'm sure a christian bakery would sell to you. They're not anti-gay. If you're straight and wanted a wedding cake with pentagrams and a goat's skull depicted on it, they'd probably refuse. But not because they're heterophobic.

The solution to the gay marriage "problem": get government out of marriage. Get it out of as much as possible, including telling us who we can trade with. Am I correct in my understanding that the US marriage license was introduced to prevent interracial marriages and was not intended to serve any useful purpose?

Incidentally, it's legal for a gay baker to refuse to sell to christians.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon