Reply to post: Re: Not worth going then...to an A-Sexual event.

Bye bye, booth babes. IT security catwalk RSA nixes sexy outfits

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Not worth going then...to an A-Sexual event.

"Of course, I would suggest that if none of the actual products or exhibits are of interest that one just not go."

However, when you do have an interest in the exhibits, and the exhibits turn out to be crap, then the booth babes are still something to be remembered. Well, I guess not anymore, so everything might turn out to be crap.

The I.T. industry is turning cold, bland, and colorless like a convention for insurance agents. I'm not trying to be a complete asshole, but it seems like the people with money in I.T. aren't nerds, they're dorks (yeh, I used name calling rudely). The whole thing is turning into genericide.

I'm a straight male, but what I love about South Beach and other areas is that sexuality is so distorted and/or exotic that there is no way you're going to see someone force the tranny's out because it can be construed as disrespectful. And politico types can't hide behind "Well, the industry is Tranny's there, so..." because they are people who are enjoying themselves, and people are people, no matter the industry.

A fucking dress code for a computer convention...pfft. Great, should the employees bring their tailor along? Or should I next? Wait, the whole industry seems tailored already, nevermind.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon