Reply to post: comments moderation or censorship?

comments moderation or censorship?

eulampios

comments moderation or censorship?

Just found out that one of my posts I left for A. Orlowski's article was removed 3 days later after it was accepted by a moderator.

Well, perhaps a few folks (like me) were noticing their comments to require moderation specifically when left for Orlowski's articles, while no comments pre-moderation is required on ElReg elsewhere.

Now, the trend is changing. You get moderated twice, and can get rejected in the second run a few days later after the comment was accepted by the original moderator.

The reason of all this commotion is that a commenter's opinion doesn't agree with that of the original article's author. A number of other comments were also removed apparently after first moderation in the same forum. Do the guidelines change somehow? Or the moderation is becoming pretty immoderate having turned into some sort of censorship?

I tried leaving another comment in that forum, no surprise, it was also rejected. I put it below:

It's unacceptable, ElReg!!!

Comments now are being censored?

Whenever I leave a comment to an article written by A. Orlowski, I got moderated. It is okay with me. However, when a comment gets originally accepted by a moderator and subsequently rejected 3 days later by apparently another moderator, it's not nice in my book. Moreover, I can claim, that the comment in question was totally within the rules of ElReg's guidelines . The only problem was that it contradicted the article's findings and points.

There are a few other comments that were accepted and subsequently shut up due to the same reasons.

This is a pure censorship. Shame on ElReg!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon