Reply to post: Re: Everyone in the UK consumes BBC output.

The BBC wants to slap a TAX on EVERYONE in BLIGHTY

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Everyone in the UK consumes BBC output.

"If you go down the road of "I don't use it, so I don't want to pay for it", then you'll end up with the situation where a 22-50yr old doesn't have to pay for the NHS (because they're very unlikely to use it)"

There are many things that I don't use that I don't have to pay for, and I pay for some things that I don't use but that I don't mind paying for because I might need them one day and I'd like them to be around (like fire-stations).

I'd like the BBC to be moved to the former category as I don't see them as critical to the quality of life for anyone, but if anyone likes them enough to pay to watch then let them...

. I'd like the NHS to stay in the latter category as they very much are a vital component to the quality of life to everyone in the UK - we all pay so that we can access it if/when we need to (firestations, education, police, defense, etc).

I don't pay a yearly license fee so that I am guranteed a steady stream of cadburys chocolate delivered to my door wether I want it or not... the same should be for the bbc...

simples.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon