Reply to post:

The BBC wants to slap a TAX on EVERYONE in BLIGHTY

Andy 73 Silver badge

Do I want the dominant nation (America) to completely dominate the media I watch? No.

Do I want advertisement and (expensive) subscription rates to be the only way I pay for my media? No. (and whichever way you cut it, the monthly charges for Sky, Netflix etc. are easily as high as the BBC when you consider the range of content they provide).

Do I think the BBC has innovated in the digital space? Absolutely. Whilst the US argued over content rights for streaming media, and fought patent battles, the BBC delivered iPlayer and made swathes of quality current and historical content available.

Do I use the BBC news, weather and other sites on a regular basis. Yes.

Do I listen to Radio Three, or Six? No - but I'm glad they're there to support artists who'd otherwise have to fight angry tigers on "I Have X-factor Get Me Out Of Here" in order to be heard.

Do I think the BBC is biased? Probably, and it varies across channels and programmes, but so is every other media outlet.

Should the BBC be funded to continue to punch way above it's weight on the global stage? Absolutely, though how I have no idea.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon