Reply to post: Nobody wants to buy. Are you serious?

Out of time: Huawei, LG unveil watches nobody wants to buy

Olley102

Nobody wants to buy. Are you serious?

Of course people want to buy them. They are smartwatches and there is a whole market out there for them. Over 50 million units of smartwatches have been sold since they started trend. It is expected (by BI Intelligence) that over the next four years, 148 million units will have been sold - a tenth of the smartphone industry. Not only are they smartwatches but they are huge steps forward in technology. Their design and build quality is what LG and Huawei have been focussing on, making smartwatches no longer an alien thing to the world but something that fits in normal circumstances. When you talk about battery life, these smartwatches have perfectly decent battery life. I am myself an owner of a smartwatch - the LG G Watch R - and the battery life on that lasts me a bit more than 24 hours. That is enough for me because I use it as a normal watch as well as moderately utilising the innovative features of its OS. I can just charge it through the night, or even in the morning before I commute. Battery is not as big a problem as what it sounds like from the outside. And this is what this article is about - the outside view, unfortunately.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon