Reply to post: Re: I wonder if Google would allow you to opt out for $29?

AT&T suddenly finds demand for 1Gbps fiber in Kansas City – just after Google arrived

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: I wonder if Google would allow you to opt out for $29?

No, Google is doing what AT&T is going to do regardless, slurp data. An important part is missing from this article that exposes the fact that AT&T is still going to slurp, even if you pay!!

"AT&T may collect and use web browsing information for other purposes, as described in our Privacy Policy, even if you do not participate in the Internet Preferences program."

Google is already doing that. AT&T wants you to pay them to be just like Google :-/. WTF happened to our country....

NOTE: other articles point out that AT&T is not offering a $400 1 time payment for 5mbps for life like Google does. So, I guess we are just left to pick the lesser of the 2 devils while our privacy is ransomed off regardless :-/

United States of Business (Still though, no bombs over head :-)

"One would assume...". Actually, while I agree, one could also assume that if paying them to use extra resources is logical, then them paying me to not use extra resources should be even better (but where's that option?).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon