Reply to post: Re: What about inflation?

Basic minimum income is a BRILLIANT idea. Small problem: it doesn't work as planned

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: What about inflation?

The soaring rent levels were triggered by the last Blue Party administration who abolished rent registration and rent controls "to stimulate the private renting sector" which was needed to fill the gap created by the sale of Public sector housing (without the proceeds being used to build new efficient properties for rental).

It a bit of history that the coalition conveniently overlook while they are trying to vilify anyone who has the temerity to claim help after paying contributions for years.

In my case while recently between jobs my below average rent support was reduced by 25% because of the tiny spare room here, despite the fact that 1 bed properties locally are around 30% more than I currently pay to a landlord who appreciates a very long term tenant who gives no trouble and has saved him countless amounts in preparing a property for new tenancy.

The Local housing allowance was supposed to be the "leveler" of rent where only an average for accommodation in the local area was paid. it worked well until the fucktards now in power started looking for ways to remove rights that we have contributed towards for most of our working lives. its the usual bully boy stuff from people who have no grasp of real life for the average citizen.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon