Reply to post:

Apple CEO: Fandroids are BINNING Android in favour of IPHONES

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

After my own experience with an iPhone it seems very clear to me that Apple products are mostly just sold to gullible people that can't tell marketing bullshit/image from actually useful features.

I find it fascinating how people seem to translate their own experiences and wants into an absolute requirement for everyone else and denigrate anyone who doesn't agree. The last time I saw that attitude in real life was on a school's playground when picking up my kids.

I have to use *all* platforms as a consequence of the work I do. It means I don't have to stick with a platform because of investment (because all are kitted out the same where possible), and it means my choice is not dictated by cost because all of them are paid by the company (thankfully, because iPhones are IMHO stupidly expensive). Yet, still, I prefer iOS as a platform. That is my personal choice, I have no need to fit in with some wannabee fashion crowd (which would be hard anyway with my sense of fashion, but that's my wife speaking), and I have no need to label other people for having different preferences.

I don't berate people for choosing to wear different clothes to me or drinking a different type of beer either, and in my mind the choice of phone platform has roughly the same impact on what I think of someone. I'm happy to explain the logic behind my decision, I'm always interested to hear the logic behind yours, but vive la différence. If we all chose the same things would get boring.

Personally, I get rather tired of all these pissing contests. I'm very happy that there is competition, I make my choice by parameters that are mine and don't need to agree with yours, and if you choose differently, fine. As far as I can tell that doesn't immediately turn you into someone I don't want to deal with (unless, of course, you have that sort of vacuous attitude to anyone who doesn't make the same choices as you).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon