What happens to things that are "lost in the post" ?
Since matter can't just vanish into thin air, they must be *somewhere*.
1) damaged in transit - presumably the royal mail have procedures for items like this
2) stolen by employee - although unless it looked like it had money in it, not likely
3) wrongly delivered - worrying if there was no tracking
4) somehow in the wrong part of "the system" - a thorough search should locate them
5) stolen by employee  - deliberately targeted. Raises more questions than it answers
6) we are of course assuming they made it to the postbox ....
However, there is a certain life-affirming feeling knowing that Royal Mail can cock it up for the great and glorious as well as for the little guy.
I wonder how long the MoJ had to spend on the phone ?