Reply to post: Re: YOU WILL LOVE ME!!!

Windows 10: The Microsoft rule-o-three holds, THIS time it's looking DECENT

MJI Silver badge

Re: YOU WILL LOVE ME!!!

I just want a computer to do what I want. Different prettyness no problem, but completely methods aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Basically Windows was very similar from the one after Program Manager (95) to 7, that is well over 15 years of the same style. Well guess what they got the basic idea right.

I do not want confusing GUIs, as far as I am concerned ANY keyboard based GUI program should have a menu at the top. Basically the File Edit, so when non Windows OSes look more like Windows than Windows there is something wrong.

All the ribbon applications should have had a proper menu as well, I needed a news group reader in Win 7 so took the easy choice of Thunderbird.

MS Word I have to use addins with the file edit patch.

So basically do not get in the way of me working.

Oh and for anyone saying I could learn all the new features (which are just as likely to be rejected at a later date) of something I use when necessary I would rather use the time to improve my programming skills. (.NET is the next one).

Look I am over 50 now, and the last thing I want to do is spend my own time working out how something should work, when it should just work. It was not hard to build two Win7/Mint 17 dual boot gaming PCs.

I was fine in the DOS days, I loved Netware, Multiuser DOS was very good, I was OK with Windows. I even ran WFW on the Real32 server.

I will have a play with 10, we have a 8.x PC at work everyone avoids, then we will see how annoying it is.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon