Reply to post: Remember...

Boffins: It's EASY to make you GRASS YOURSELF UP for crimes you never did

Disko

Remember...

...you were chosen to lead the flock through the apocalypse of your choice by your savior/prophet/supreme leader? Right, none of that happened either. People die in fires for this crap.

I remember being a student and insisting on such things as facts and proof, as exactly the means by which studying provides any useful result. I was, and am also quite sure of having my mnemonic faculties intact, and I am absolutely sure of the things I did or did not do, For instance I never killed any neighbours pet, set fire to government buildings or shot the prime minister, no matter how badly I wanted to.

The interesting question to me is: are the researchers trying to sway us with their story, towards believing that there is such a thing as linguistically implanted false memories, or have all the people who allow false memories to be germinated in this way, sustained some form of brain damage before? Are the researchers trying to have us believe that none of what we think is real actually happened, thus paving the way for total denial, and the annihilation of science itself? And how about the mental faculties of the researchers? How do we even know they remember correctly what even took place, if anything at all? I am not even joking at this point...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon