Reply to post: Re: Thanks Jediben

Elite: Dangerous 'billionaire' gamers are being 'antisocial', moan players

stucs201

Re: Thanks Jediben

Ah, that helps. I must admit I've not investigated what is and isn't possible in detail. As long as they can't turn up with a fleet of Anacondas and buy an entire planet's stock of it's main export then things perhaps won't be so bad.

I have to say that the possibility of the in-game economy being affected by other people's actions in solo mode is one of the main things putting me off buying it - I don't want to have a rubbish time getting started because the starter trade routes are already milked dry.

I know Diablo 3 improved massively once they killed the auction house and made getting loot for yourself realistic. Trying to keep up with inflated auction prices driven by people with more time to play than me was no fun at all.

That lack of time to play is why I worry about the influence of other players on the solo game. I don't want to feel like I'm standing still or even going backwards just because I have other stuff I need to do. Which is unfortunate, because as a teenager playing Elite for the first time (PC, CGA version) I always thought that an online version with enough players could be the best game ever. In a way I still do, it's just I don't have time for it anymore and would therefore prefer something that pauses when I have to deal with the real world instead.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon