Reply to post: Re: NumptyScrub It is a French car.

Renault Captur: Nobody who knows about cars will buy this

NumptyScrub

Re: NumptyScrub It is a French car.

Having driven throughout France over many years I can tell you the number of souped-up boy racer cars is far lower than the UK, Germany or Italy. You also see far less sports cars such as the Mazda Miata or BMW Z3 or Z4. Indeed, if you do see a sports car on French roads it is far more likely to have a GB plate than a French one. You do see an almost continual chain of smokey, slow diesels.

And yet I see vast swathes of people at Les Vingt-quatre Heures du Mans every year, and a hell of a lot of them seem to be French; I always end up talking to people on nearby plots, and the natives:furriners ratio is pretty good, usually 50% of the closest 10 plots are French. Maybe it's confirmation bias, and French petrol heads all live with a few hundred km of Le Mans? Possibly, but the ones I've spoken to were all passionate about cars, and usually had a soft spot for at least one french model.

To be absolutely fair though, generally their favourite cars were other nationalities e.g. Jaguar, Lancia, BMW, Chevrolet, Nissan etc. ^^;

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019