Reply to post: Re: I'll try again to comment

Music fans FUME over PJ Harvey ticket CHAOS as Somerset House site buckles

dan1980

Re: I'll try again to comment

@TheProf

I remember that too. I remember queuing overnight for some and waiting outside a little-known outlet for others.

But online is where it is at now. Sales open at a certain time and people rush onto the site to snap them up, with some shows selling out in minutes. With that kind of demand you simple MUST have a stable and capable platform because it is otherwise unfair to the people looking to buy tickets.

Okay so the vendors don't really care if some people get screwed because they get their sales anyway and so this is why the problem happens all the bloody time.

Shows are stupidly expensive now and the increase in population of urban centres means there are even more people scrambling for them. It's annoying to miss out on a show you want to see but it's infuriating when that is due to a problem with the website you are trying to buy them from.

It doesn't matter what the show is or what the method of purchase is - just so long as it is fair and able to cope with demand.

To directly address the 'queuing at the kiosk' point, how would you feel if you had waited (in the rain, let's say) and were right near the front of the line but when the time came for the window to open, there was no one there. By the time the attendant arrived, 30 minutes late, all the tickets were sold out or, at best, you had to settle for nose-bleed or obstructed view seats. That is essentially what has happened here and the people affected are justified in their grievance.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon